Why My Career Preferences Are Open For Discussion


Financial, Scientific Research & Corporate Hospital  

When I first started STEM, I had no idea what kind of job I wanted. I just wanted stability, benefits, and culture. As I progressed with my degree, I learned internships are important than just a summer job. They can help narrow your focus if majoring a broad field of study. 

Professional development in an industry-specific environment is very valuable to a student in college, mainly because it adds to our experience beyond the classroom. Because I was taught this throughout life. I took the initiative to find an internship and during it I was evaluated on a 'meet' or 'exceeds' scale. As I attained each set goal, I began to actually see the results of my hard work and dedication graded as 'exceeds'. This kind of grading goes beyond the classroom type grading. 

My dream job is yet to have a title, but I am certain I will narrow focus down soon especially with graduation on the horizon. 

Knowing my skills and abilities and even weaknesses will allow my lens to identify opportunities as they arise. So just for today, I will remain open-minded and trust everything goes as it is meant to go. 

Key advice:
Remember, if we only focus on one thing, we may miss the opportunity of a lifetime from another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Words and Video

The Extent of My Conversation